There has been, yes.
I had undertaken a short term contract in Tulsa and I’ve been going hammer and tongs for hours on end. Now that the contract has ended, I’m a) looking for something else; and b) looking to devote some more time to this project. Maybe – just maybe – I’ll get lucky enough to be able to do both (it depends on if I hear back from Those People about That One Thing…)
Feedback and donations will only encourage me…
If you’re working from home without a landline or your on the road and you need to send a one-off fax, you can send a scan or a file from Word or Excel (etc.) to a fax number from the Internet for free. The website is http://myfax.com/free/
- Get the file –
- If you’re faxing because someone needs a “wet signature” then let the ink dry and then scan the document into a pdf or an image (jpg, tif, gif, etc. – the list of supported formats)
- I can’t imaging why you would be faxing a file from Word, Excel, or whatever, but if you need to – the website supports 178 different file formats – including WordStar! (full list)Note: the file is restricted to a max 10MB and a max of 10 pages.
- Go to the website
- Fill in the To/From and upload your file from #1 (Max 2 fax attempts per 24 hours for free)
- Wait by your email. At this point, you’ve queued your fax for processing but it hasn’t been sent yet.
– A message will be sent to your email with a link for you to click on. When the email comes, click the link to Send Your Fax.
– Your fax will be sent. You’ll get another email with a confirmation or failed message depending on how it goes.
However – this is the one downside – if your fax fails (for whatever reason) that counts as one of your faxes for that 24 hour period. So, if you send two faxes, Fax A at 13:01 and Fax B at 13:20, and Fax A fails, you have to wait until tomorrow at 13:01 before you can resend it for free. If it really has to be there right now, you can also sign up for a 30 day free trial that gives you 100 sent fax pages a month.
– starts out a new short series about using Excel to track program tasks. However it’s taken a bit longer than I had hoped. And I’m leaving for the weekend, so I won’t be able to finish up and post until Monday. Hopefully the wait is worth it…
In the meantime, here’s this (thank you drag and drop capability of WordPress!):
Puck and Makita as Piglet and Winnie the Pooh
The rough edit for Ep. 3 is done. I just have to go back and tighten things up a bit and it should be ready to post. Then maybe I can get back on schedule for Ep. 4.
To quote Charlie Brown, “AAUGH!”
I have had a “few” hiccups recording and editing the first episode.
I got down to my last full run through and had hit Render Video… and my video editor crashed. Lost the file. Haven’t been able to get it back. So. I’m going to accept the fact that kite eating tree has eaten my kite and start again in the tomorrow.
I will have two episodes this week (“As god is my witness…” to reference another fictional character), except that Tuesday’s will be out on Wednesday. Sorry about the delay. Hopefully this isn’t a portent of things to come.
It’s February 1st, and it’s kick off time!
The Patreon page is live, as of today.
The first Excel video will be up tomorrow on YouTube. Hope you like it – if not then send me feedback.
Talk to you tomorrow!
Something in Latin
Never mind, hey, this is really exciting, so much to find out about, so much to look forward to, I’m quite dizzy with anticipation …
Or is it the wind?
There really is a lot of that now isn’t it?
And wow! Hey! What’s this thing suddenly coming towards me very fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like … ow … ound … round … ground! That’s it! That’s a good name – ground!
I wonder if it will be friends with me?
Thoughts of a spontaneously created whale, from Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
That’s the way I feel, launching another project. Hopefully, I’ll fare better than the whale… Here goes nothing!